Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by jgreiner <jd...@hotmail.com> on 2012/06/12 01:12:32 UTC

Phantom Consumers

I currently have all producers and consumers shut off, but I'm seeing a
slowly increasing number of consumers for two of my three queues.  If I
click the Active Consumers link in the admin page they have names that start
with the machine name that is running activemq so they appear to be
originating from the broker itself.

In addition, there are log entries "DB operation failed.  (entering recovery
mode)" in the activemq.log.

I am also not able to browse the messages for these two queues (times out)
but I can browse the working queue.  These two queues also show a small
non-zero pending message count when they should be zero (see my earlier
posted question).

I suspect these are all inter-related but do not know how to recover the
system.  For now, I am waiting and hoping that the log will indicate the DB
has been recovered at some point and then these other issues will clear up.
It's been a little over an hour since the first message was reported.

Environment:
-CentOS 6.2
-Java 1.6.0_30
-ActiveMQ 5.6.0
-Using persistent queues via spring
-Transactions enabled -- session-managed auto ack

Re: Phantom Consumers

Posted by mickhayes <mi...@gmail.com>.
To rule out "real" consumers or connections, you can get a hard look at the
TCP connections by looking for the open files on the broker.

lsof -i :xyzab

where xyzab is the port number on which your broker is running its
transport.

In this case you are looking for files of type IPv4 or IPv6, i.e.
representing IPv4 or IPv6 sockets.

-----
Michael Hayes B.Sc. (NUI), M.Sc. (DCU), SCSA SCNA