Posted to bcel-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org> on 2006/05/24 17:59:04 UTC

releasing BCEL 5.2 RC2

So we got pretty much no feedback for the RC2 at all. But AFAIU it is
meant to work with Xalan in Cocoon and it works with javaflow ...but
that's about it. Now we can either wait another year or just release.

I'd say: release ;-) If something comes up - well, we can always do
another release. But I want to get this thing out of the door. BCEL
needs a release sooner than later!

Any objections to proceed with the release?

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: releasing BCEL 5.2 RC2

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ma...@mvdb.net>.
+1 Go for it!

Mvgr,
Martin

Re: releasing BCEL 5.2 RC2

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
> Am presuming you'll be pgp signing etc :)

Yes, will do!

...hope I can fix my keyring :-/ Had problems since I upgraded to
1.4.2.2 and haven't touched gpg for a while. Good reason to fix it :)

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: releasing BCEL 5.2 RC2

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Re: releasing BCEL 5.2 RC2

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Re: releasing BCEL 5.2 RC2

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.
I've seen that the development has been happening in the open for anyone
to comment on, that fair notice has been given and fair response time
allowed. No point holding up releasing any longer...

I haven't yet checked the RC myself, so can't vote +1 on the release
just now. However if you need my vote to get the release out I could
probably find time to do basic sanity checks then officially vote within
the next day or two.

Of course an official release vote should be held in an email thread
with [VOTE] in the subject line...

Regards,

Simon

Re: releasing BCEL 5.2 RC2

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
+1 for a release.

Re: releasing BCEL 5.2 RC2

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Torsten Curdt escribió:
> So we got pretty much no feedback for the RC2 at all. But AFAIU it is
> meant to work with Xalan in Cocoon and it works with javaflow ...but
> that's about it. Now we can either wait another year or just release.
>
> I'd say: release ;-) If something comes up - well, we can always do
> another release. But I want to get this thing out of the door. BCEL
> needs a release sooner than later!
>
> Any objections to proceed with the release?
Hi Torsten,

I've tested RC2 in my current cocoon project and it worked fine for 15
days now.

Here is my (non-binding) +1 ;-)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo