Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by John Lewis <jl...@unicon.net> on 2005/12/01 18:53:37 UTC

Cross-Context Session Replication

As was discussed here over the summer, there is a need in the JSR-168
Portlet community to use cross-context access so that a portal webapp
can communicate with various portlet webapps.  Unfortunately, session
replication in a Tomcat cluster does not occur when one webapp accesses
another webapp's context and changes occur in the session of the target
webapp.

Unicon now has several clients that are extremely eager to see
cross-context session replication support built into Tomcat.  Given that
this work would be difficult for someone not already familiar with the
Tomcat code, are there any experienced Tomcat developers out there who
would be interested in doing this work for pay?  Of course we are eager
to have this change incorporated into the main Tomcat code, so having an
existing Tomcat committer do this would be ideal.

If anyone qualified is interested, please contact me directly.  We will
undertake the effort ourselves if necessary, but obviously we would
prefer to find a community-oriented solution to the problem.

Thanks for your help!

John Lewis
Unicon, Inc.
+1-602-509-0925
jlewis@unicon.net

Re: Cross-Context Session Replication

Posted by John Lewis <jl...@unicon.net>.
Peter,

This is excellent news!  We are very excited that you are going to be
working on this.

There was already any entry in ASF Bugzilla for this issue: bug #35710.
  I have taken the liberty of updating the notes to reflect this
discussion and of assigning it to you -- I hope that is alright.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to support you in
this.  Thanks so much!

John

Posted by Peter Rossbach <pr...@objektpark.de>.
Yes,

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Peter Rossbach <pr...@objektpark.de>.
Hey,

I am highly interessed to support cross-context for cluster session
replication. The session.endAccess is a neat place
for support this. Please, let us discuss how we can use it.

Any idea
Peter

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.