Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by dracus <dr...@mit.edu> on 2007/07/26 18:47:33 UTC

Having both Manager and non-default webapps as root

Greetings, all,

I am setting up a Tomcat server for the developers I work with, and am
having a problem getting the config to work the way they requested.  They
want their own custom webapp to be the default webapp, and have the manager
available to allow deploying new versions of their webapp, stopping and
starting it, etc.  I am setting the webapp to be the default webapp by
adding this block to the server.xml file:

<Host name="ourapp.mit.edu" appBase="">
<Context path="" docBase="webapps/ourapp" >
</Context>
</Host>

And this kills the manager dead.  I can not figure out what I need to do to
bring the manager back so we can use it.  Any pointers would be greatly
appreciated.  Thank you for your time.