Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by cmoulliard <cm...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/09 09:11:08 UTC

Clarification requested for slow - consumers - matched messages

Hi,

Im' sorry but I don't understand what is the purpose of the matched (???)
and discarded messages and How we can avoid slow customers by using such a
strategy (http://activemq.apache.org/slow-consumer-handling.html) ?

"Currently we have a strategy that lets you configure the maximum number of
matched messages the broker will keep around for a consumer in addition to
its prefetch buffer. Once this maximum is reached, as new messages come in,
older messages are discarded. This allows you to keep the RAM for current
messages and keep sending messages to a slow consumer but to discard old
messages."

Can someone clarify because the current text does not help to understand how
we can improve performance ?

Kind regards,

Charles

-----