Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Roger Roelofs <re...@datacompusa.com> on 2003/02/18 22:38:47 UTC

brain dead newbe

I know this has been covered, I've been wandering the archives, but it
hasn't sunk in yet.

I have a xsl doc with the following basic structure.  Instead of
starting a new page for each iteration of this template, it resets to
the top of the page and writes over the top of the previous content.
How do I tell it to start a new page?

<xsl:template match="pageData"
       <fo:block-container
                           border="1pt solid black"
                           height="10.6in"
                           left="0in"
                           position="absolute"
                           width="7.6in"
                           top="0in"
                           break-after="page">
         <fo:block-container
                             border=".5pt solid black"
                             height="10.5in"
                             left=".05in"
                             position="absolute"
                             width="7.5in"
                             top=".05in">
   <fo:block
           text-align="start"
           margin-left=".1in"
           margin-right=".1in"
           space-before="12pt"
           line-height="15pt"
           font-size="10pt">
     <xsl:apply-templates select="Title" />
     <xsl:apply-templates select="../orderSummary" />
     <xsl:apply-templates select="Section" />
</fo:block>
</fo:block-container>
</fo:block-container>
</xsl:template>

Re: brain dead newbe

Posted by Roger Roelofs <re...@datacompusa.com>.
Oleg,

That's what I did.  It worked great.  It took a while to get the
concept that it is ok for regions to overlap.

Re: brain dead newbe

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.

Re: brain dead newbe

Posted by Roger Roelofs <re...@datacompusa.com>.
Oleg,

Thanks.  My problem was that I need a double border around the page and
I had used absolutely positioned block-containers to get it.  Once I
removed them the pagination worked just great.

On Wednesday, Feb 19, 2003, at 04:35 America/Detroit, Oleg Tkachenko
wrote:

> Roger Roelofs wrote:
>> I know this has been covered, I've been wandering the archives, but
>> it hasn't sunk in yet.
>> I have a xsl doc with the following basic structure.  Instead of
>> starting a new page for each iteration of this template, it resets to
>> the top of the page and writes over the top of the previous content.
>> How do I tell it to start a new page?
> You can use break-after="page" attribute to enforce page break after a
> formatting object.
>
> --
> Oleg Tkachenko
> Multiconn Technologies, Israel