Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gearoid Coughlan <ge...@kapookigames.com> on 2031/01/21 14:41:50 UTC

Re: Problem starting Tomcat 4.01 on RedHat 7.1

Hi,

This happened to me also. From what I can gather the tarball is corrupt,
I tried making a patched version between the windoze one and what
I got from the unix one, but java kept core dumping on me due to the fact
that too many of the xml files hand ctrl-m's in them,and I did not want to
spend my time running dos2unix on em. In the end i downloaded 3.3a and
it worked first time. still would like to update to catalina.

ltr
gear�id