Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jean-Philippe Melanson <Je...@ena.ulaval.ca> on 2008/10/21 15:37:05 UTC

Multi-level project and links between projects

Hi all,

I have a question regarding linking between modules when a project
structure is more than 2 levels high.

My project structure is :

Global Project

  -pom.xml

  -Application1

    -pom.xml

    -Project1-1

      -pom.xml

    -Project1-2

  -Application2

When I tried mvn site-deploy at the Global Project level, links in HTML
pages are working for passing between level 1 and 2, but not between 2
and 3.

I.E.: Links work between Global Project and Application1, but not
between Application1 and Project1-1.

Is it supported?

If not, could I set the site.xml of every level2 projects in such a way
that I can hardcode the links in a menu tag? Could this be a workaround?

Regards,

Jean-Philippe Melanson

Re: Multi-level project and links between projects

Posted by Jean-Philippe Melanson <Je...@ena.ulaval.ca>.
Please forgive me, I thought I was on the maven-site-plugin mailing list, not
the general maven list.

The question is about a problem with links when generating a site for a big
project with inheritance and multi-module sub-projects.

Thanks

Jean-Philippe Melanson wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I have a question regarding linking between modules when a project
> structure is more than 2 levels high.
>
> My project structure is :
>

> Global Project
>
>   -pom.xml
>
>   -Application1
>
>     -pom.xml
>
>     -Project1-1
>
>       -pom.xml
>
>     -Project1-2
>
>   -Application2
>

> When I tried mvn site-deploy at the Global Project level, links in HTML
> pages are working for passing between level 1 and 2, but not between 2
> and 3.
>
> I.E.: Links work between Global Project and Application1, but not
> between Application1 and Project1-1.
>

> Is it supported?
>
> If not, could I set the site.xml of every level2 projects in such a way
> that I can hardcode the links in a menu tag? Could this be a workaround?
>

> Regards,
>

> Jean-Philippe Melanson
>

> -----
> Jean-Philippe Melanson