Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/11 21:48:59 UTC

[DISCUSS] upgrade of system templates

Devs,

This has bitten us in indecent places time after time and after some
contemplating the solution seems quite simple. An api call implemented in
the TemplateService that lets you MarkTemplateAsSystemVmTemplate(optional
uuid, optional name). No other params are needed as the template should
allready contain most information. The actual marking code is implemented
several upgrade versions and only needs to simplified from that
implementation.

Do I miss something?

--
Daan

Re: [DISCUSS] upgrade of system templates

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
sure, but I never read docs. here is the job script:
```
whoami
export PATH=/home/jenkins/.rvm/bin:$PATH
export rvm_path=/home/jenkins/.rvm
export HOME=/home/jenkins/

cd tools/appliance
if [ -d iso ]; then
    rm -fvr iso
fi
if [ -d dist ]; then
    rm -fvr dist
fi
if [ -d box ]; then
    rm -fvr box
fi
if [ -d /home/jenkins/iso ]; then
    cp -rv /home/jenkins/iso .
fi

if [ ! -d iso ]; then
    mkdir iso
    ln -s $WORKSPACE/*.iso iso/
fi

export clean_vbox=1
export BUILD_NUMBER=
export version=4.6.0
export branch=master
chmod +x build.sh
./build.sh systemvm64template
```

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.
nice thanks.

--
Rafael Weingärtner

Re: [DISCUSS] upgrade of system templates

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Daan,

--