Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Andrew Munn <an...@nmedia.net> on 2015/04/21 05:38:58 UTC

java source in PDFBox snapshot jars?

Is it possible that the sources could start being included in the snapshot
jars so debugging problems is easier?

Re: java source in PDFBox snapshot jars?

Posted by Thomas Chojecki <in...@rayman2200.de>.
Zitat von Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>:

> Hi,

Hi Andreas,

> I'll try to find out what we have to do to publish the sources as well, see
> PDFBOX-2770

This looks like a clean way to do it.

https://maven.apache.org/plugin-developers/cookbook/attach-source-javadoc-artifacts.html

> BR
> Andreas Lehmkühler

BR
Thomas

Re: java source in PDFBox snapshot jars?

Posted by Andreas Lehmkühler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Hi,

> Thomas Chojecki <in...@rayman2200.de> hat am 21. April 2015 um 18:19
> geschrieben:
>

> Hi Andrew,
> this is more a maven style to not include the sources jar in each
> snapshot. I think the main idea behind this is to help the
> infrastructure to save storage. At the present time, it makes no sense
> to spare space because it is not expensive, but maybe someone should
> ask the apache infra first, before changing it.
IMHO, we don't need to do so. Those SNAPHOTs are deleted on a regularly basis,
so that only the most recent versions are available. Furthermore the PDFBox jars
are quite small compared to other projects, so that infra most likely won't any
headache if we put those source jars into the repo as well.

Posted by Thomas Chojecki <in...@rayman2200.de>.
Hi Andrew,

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.
Am 21.04.2015 um 18:03 schrieb Tilman Hausherr:
> Am 21.04.2015 um 17:56 schrieb Andreas Lehmkuehler:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am 21.04.2015 um 17:22 schrieb Andrew Munn:
>>> I just pull the most recent snapshot from here:
>>> http://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/pdfbox/pdfbox-app/
>>>

>>> I dont' see a src jar.  Also there is no link to pdfbox-app snapshot from
>>> the PDFBox project page.  Makes it easy to find a snapshot for pdfbox but
>>> hard for pdfbox-app.
>> There is a link, see at the bottom of the following page:
>>
>> http://pdfbox.apache.org/download.cgi
>
> The link goes to
> http://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/pdfbox/pdfbox/
>
> I suggest to change it to
> http://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/pdfbox/
>
> this way people can see that all subprojects are available.
Good point, didn't see that. I've just fixed the link.

BR
Andreas

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.