Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Ron Holckener <ro...@amdocs.com> on 2008/05/01 07:39:32 UTC

CXF on weblogic 9.2

Hi All,

I am trying to check CXF usage in my application.

I am using CXF 2.0.5, and need it as a client to call a remote web
service.

I managed to do that in a standalone which worked fine.

Now I need to run it on weblogic 9.2, I took the relevant jars (see
classpath) and added it to the AppServer classpath (first without adding
my new CXF code) and got the attached error log.

From reading at some forums I also tried:

1)      In weblogic-application.xml

<prefer-application-packages>

     <package-name>javax.jws.*</package-name>

</prefer-application-packages>

2)      Jvm arguments

-Djavax.xml.stream.XMLInputFactory=com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory

All with no success.

Does the exception look familiar?

Can you point to an earlier version in which you have deployed on
weblogic 9.2 successfully?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ron.

Re: CXF on weblogic 9.2

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Honestly, I have no idea.

Nothing in there suggests it's a cxf problem.   It almost looks like the
META-INF/application.xml is not well formed or has some bad data in it.
     I don't really know.   Very strange.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

RE: CXF on weblogic 9.2

Posted by sparktronics <sp...@gmail.com>.
I have tried using the settings that you have posted for my BEA 9.2 MP3 but I
get a memory dump

I use the jrockit jvm and my serialization is xmlbeans.

I was wondering if you are using jrockit and/or xmlbeans for your
serialization.

My version of CXF is 2.2.9

thanks,
Mario

RE: CXF on weblogic 9.2

Posted by "Wolf, Chris (IT)" <Ch...@morganstanley.com>.
Not sure about your JVM arg, but to get CXF working in WLS-9.2,
I had to make the following adjustments to weblogic-application.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<weblogic-application xmlns="http://www.bea.com/ns/weblogic/90">
    <xml>
      <parser-factory>
        <saxparser-factory>
          org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl
        </saxparser-factory>
        <document-builder-factory>
          org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl
        </document-builder-factory>
        <transformer-factory>
          org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl
        </transformer-factory>
      </parser-factory>
    </xml>
    <application-param>
        <param-name>webapp.encoding.default</param-name>
        <param-value>UTF-8</param-value>
    </application-param>
    <prefer-application-packages>
        <package-name>javax.jws.*</package-name>
        <package-name>org.apache.xerces.*</package-name>
        <package-name>org.apache.xalan.*</package-name>
    </prefer-application-packages>
</weblogic-application>

________________________________

Re: CXF on weblogic 9.2

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Honestly, I have no idea.

RE: CXF on weblogic 9.2

Re: CXF on weblogic 9.2

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@verizon.net>.
We have some BEA documentation that may help you:
http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/appserverguide.html#AppServerGuide-WebLogic

I'm unsure though if your problem goes beyond that.

Glen