Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Sarah Northway <sa...@threerings.net> on 2009/06/04 00:36:26 UTC

Too many MySQL connections

Hello,

We use Roller for a dozen small blogs, and are having an issue with it
opening up nearly 500 MySQL connections and choking up our database
server.  Is this expected behavior?

Is there a standard way to configure Roller to limit its db sessions to
a more reasonable number?

We are using Roller 4.0, MySQL 14.12, Java 1.6.  Roller config is fairly
standard except for using LDAP authentication and some custom modules
that don't involve the db.

- Sarah

Re: Too many MySQL connections

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
You can set database connection pool parameters via your app-server.
Check the install guide:

    9.3 Using Server-provided database and mail resources

There's a Tomcat example in 9.3; If you are not running on Tomcat
you'll have to consult your app server docs.

- Dave

Posted by Sarah Northway <sa...@threerings.net>.

Posted by "Emmanouil Batsis (Manos)" <ma...@abiss.gr>.
Sarah Northway wrote:
> We use Roller for a dozen small blogs, and are having an issue with it
> opening up nearly 500 MySQL connections and choking up our database
> server.  Is this expected behavior?
>
> Is there a standard way to configure Roller to limit its db sessions to
> a more reasonable number?

 From what I remember you should be able to easily configure the max

--
Manos Batsis, Chief Technologist