Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org> on 2007/09/28 13:17:21 UTC

Re: svn commit: r580303 - /cocoon/branches/cocoon-2.2/cocoon-forms-avalon-based/

giacomo@apache.org pisze:
> Author: giacomo
> Date: Fri Sep 28 04:13:23 2007
> New Revision: 580303

> Log:
> branch Avalon based CForm blocks
>
> Added:
>     cocoon/branches/cocoon-2.2/cocoon-forms-avalon-based/
>       - copied from r580301, cocoon/trunk/blocks/cocoon-forms/

Hmmm, does such structure and directory naming makes sense? I would expect creation of directory
like this:
cocoon/branches/cocoon-forms-1.0.x

Putting Cocoon Forms 1.0.0 into cocoon-2.2 does not make sense because form block wouldn't be
necessary tied to 2.2 of core.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: svn commit: r580303 - /cocoon/branches/cocoon-2.2/cocoon-forms-avalon-based/

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.

Re: Branching cocoon-forms

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com>.
Vadim Gritsenko pisze:
> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>>

>> Reinhard Poetz wrote:

>>> That might be true but e.g. for the documentation we agreed to put all
>>> blocks unter http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2 because we also can't say that
>>> cocoon-forms-1.0.x will work with all future Cocoon releases.
>>>
>>> When cocoon-forms-1.0.x is still compatible with e.g. Cocoon 2.3, then
>>> we create just another branch
>>> cocoon/branches/cocoon-2.3/cocoon-forms-1.0.x/ (though I hardly believe
>>> that this will happen ...)
>>
>> So, where to put it now! Is this in need for a vote ;-)
>
> cocoon/branches/cocoon-2.2/cocoon-forms-1.0.x!

Oups, forgot to rise this issue on GT. I really don't think we should
put it under cocoon-2.2 as it gives false impression but I think it's
minor issue.

The most important is to make branches anyway.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: Branching cocoon-forms

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>>> Hmmm, does such structure and directory naming makes sense? I would
>>> expect creation of directory
>>> like this:
>>> cocoon/branches/cocoon-forms-1.0.x
>>>
>>> Putting Cocoon Forms 1.0.0 into cocoon-2.2 does not make sense because
>>> form block wouldn't be
>>> necessary tied to 2.2 of core.
>> That might be true but e.g. for the documentation we agreed to put all
>> blocks unter http://cocoon.apache.org/2.2 because we also can't say that
>> cocoon-forms-1.0.x will work with all future Cocoon releases.
>>
>> When cocoon-forms-1.0.x is still compatible with e.g. Cocoon 2.3, then
>> we create just another branch
>> cocoon/branches/cocoon-2.3/cocoon-forms-1.0.x/ (though I hardly believe
>> that this will happen ...)
>
> So, where to put it now! Is this in need for a vote ;-)

cocoon/branches/cocoon-2.2/cocoon-forms-1.0.x!

Vadim

Re: Branching cocoon-forms

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.

Branching cocoon-forms