Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by fael <pe...@jamesinnes.com> on 2015/03/31 13:04:19 UTC

4.0M2 Modeler Migration Tool Empty Change List

tl;dr - I use the 4.0M2 modeler migrate option on my test schema and it shows
me no changes even though there are changes.

Hello all! I'm new here - very pleased to be working with Cayenne for my
projects. Already finding it far better than some in-house solutions I've
used in the past and Hibernate. Also love how the migration tool fits so
tastily with solutions like Flyway for migration management... until I
updated to 4.0M2!

I posted a JIRA about this too;

But figured I would post here too just in case someone has any 'local
wisdom' about why this might occur.

Thanks!
Peter

Re: 4.0M2 Modeler Migration Tool Empty Change List

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.
Hi Peter,

Just out of curiosity, how are you utilizing Flyway with Cayenne?  We use
both here and hand-generate all of our SQL changes (and migrate those
methodically through all of our testing environments).

Thanks,

mrg

Posted by Savva Kolbachev <s....@gmail.com>.
Hi Peter! Thank you for your bug report.

We've resolved the issue.

So now you can download and build the latest Cayenne version.
In short: clone a repository from https://github.com/apache/cayenne and
build it via 'mvn clean install -Passembly,windows' for your Windows PC.

If you need more information, please follow:
https://cayenne.apache.org/dev/code-repository.html
https://cayenne.apache.org/dev/building-cayenne.html