Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/11 19:23:27 UTC

How to add branch-2.7 to Jenkins white list

Hi Hadoop-dev,

Now we are working on branch-2.7 for 2.7.1 release but I found branch-2.7
may not be added to Jenkins white list. For example: YARN-3434 cannot
trigger Jenkins build.

Could anybody help to add it?

Thanks,
Wangda

Re: How to add branch-2.7 to Jenkins white list

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@altiscale.com>.
On May 11, 2015, at 10:34 AM, Allen Wittenauer <aw...@altiscale.com> wrote:

> It’s not a white list; it’s done heuristically. If you read through the release notes of HADOOP-11746, you’ll see that it only supports major branches.  It does not (currently?) support minor or micro branches.  (The periods confuse it.) You’ll need to use a git ref to apply a patch to one of those.

Argh. Looks like there is a tiny bug in git ref handling.  I’ll file and fix here in a sec.

Re: How to add branch-2.7 to Jenkins white list

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@altiscale.com>.

Posted by Wangda Tan <wh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Allen for explanation, I thought it's a whitelist in server side,
now I can better understand.

Wangda

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@altiscale.com>.

Posted by Allen Wittenauer <aw...@altiscale.com>.