Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Ryan LeCompte <le...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/23 15:57:56 UTC

How do I make Hive use a custom scheduler and not the default scheduler?

Right now when we submit queries, it uses the "hadoop" scheduler. I have a
custom fair share scheduler configured as well, but I see that jobs
generated from our Hive queries never get picked up by that scheduler. Is
there something in hive-site.xml that I can configure to make all queries
use a particular scheduler?

Thanks,
Ryan

RE: Hive Instllation Problem - Pls help

Posted by "Katukuri, Jay" <jk...@ebay.com>.
Hello all,

On our cluster (using redhat enterprise 5), we have hadoop 0.18.3 installed.

When I do "show tables" on hive prompt, I get the following error

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: type
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.parse.HiveLexer.mKW_SHOW(HiveLexer.java:1057)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.parse.HiveLexer.mTokens(HiveLexer.java:5243)
        at org.antlr.runtime.Lexer.nextToken(Lexer.java:84)
        at org.antlr.runtime.CommonTokenStream.fillBuffer(CommonTokenStream.java:95)
        at org.antlr.runtime.CommonTokenStream.LT(CommonTokenStream.java:238)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.parse.HiveParser.statement(HiveParser.java:404)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.parse.ParseDriver.parse(ParseDriver.java:399)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.compile(Driver.java:299)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.run(Driver.java:377)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processCmd(CliDriver.java:138)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processLine(CliDriver.java:197)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(CliDriver.java:303)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobShell.run(JobShell.java:54)
        at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:79)
        at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobShell.main(JobShell.java:68)

I am getting this error for both binaries "hive_0.5.0" and "hive _0.4.1"

I have also built hive from source . I got the source code from http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/hive/trunk

I get the same error while using hive script from hive built from source.

I have tried different versions of "antlr_runtime jars" by placing them into the lib folder for both binaries and hive built from source.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jay

Re: How do I make Hive use a custom scheduler and not the default scheduler?

Posted by Ryan LeCompte <le...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

Posted by Zheng Shao <zs...@gmail.com>.

--