Posted to user@struts.apache.org by th...@webmd.net on 2002/03/11 19:05:48 UTC

Free (or inexpensive) web hosting site for JSP/Struts/MySql?

Hi Folks:

A thousand pardon's if this has already been asked in the past....    Is
there a hosting service that's inexpensive or free (I doubt it?) that would
allow one to create a web-site that allows me to use JSP/Struts and mySql
database as well as access to an SMTP daemon to send email?    I'd like to
possibly create a web-site in my spare time that would allow people to post
reviews of their favorite cd's.

I am getting more/more proficient with Struts and am liking it and feel I
am possessing the knowledge to build such a site...    The one catch is the
database can grow to big proportions since people are posting reviews which
could be many sentances long.    I'd expect the database to contain as much
as 20-30MB (if not more) after the first 6-12 months.

Also, can mySql handle such a workload?    I am proficient with using
Oracle (what we use at work) but don't want to pay to use Oracle for this
web-site.   mySql makes sense since it seems to be free.

thanks in advance,
Theron

Re: Free (or inexpensive) web hosting site for JSP/Struts/MySql?

Posted by Jon Ferguson <ca...@btinternet.com>.
Hi Theron,
Yes it was, (the thread was 'Struts & MySQL Hosting') and there are some with
good prices..
Here's some that were mentioned:
www.webappcabaret.com
www.mmaweb.net