Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "Fallon, Richard" <ri...@atosorigin.com> on 2011/06/06 18:13:40 UTC

Dynamic Routes with the Headers Exchange

All,

I have been happily using federated brokers linked via dynamic routes
using the topic exchange.  As you know this allows me to publish to one
broker and subscribe to that data from another, great!

However I have recently switched to using the headers exchange for
subscriptions, but am unable to subscribe to data from a dynamic route.

So I have

SRC_BROKER  linked to a DEST_BROKER

FYI

1) I can successfully publish to amq.match on SRC_BROKER and subscribe
to the same broker using the (rather lengthy but powerful) amqp headers
syntax
	This tells me I am using the right publish subscribe syntax.

2) I then set up the dynamic route, linked using the command
	qpid-route add dynamic DEST_BROKER SRC_BROKER  amq.match

3) But I cannot subscribe to the same messages on the DEST_BROKER
despite having set up the dynamic route.

4)  However I  can subscribe to messages on the DEST_BROKER that have
been published to the SRC_BROKER on the topic exchange
	This tells me I can (at least) connect the brokers on the topic
exchange

So the first simple question - can I use dynamic routes with the headers
exchange?

I'm using Qpid-0.8 c++ broker.

Thanks as ever

Richard Fallon

Atos Origin and Atos Consulting are trading names used by the Atos Origin group.  The following trading entities are registered in England and Wales:  Atos Origin IT Services UK Limited (registered number 01245534) and Atos Consulting Limited (registered number 04312380).  The registered office for each is at 4 Triton Square, Regents Place, London, NW1 3HG.The VAT No. for each is: GB232327983

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely for the addressee, and may contain confidential or privileged information.  If you receive this e-mail in error, you are not authorised to copy, disclose, use or retain it.  Please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your systems.   As emails may be intercepted, amended or lost, they are not secure.  Atos Origin therefore can accept no liability for any errors or their content.  Although Atos Origin endeavours to maintain a virus-free network, we do not warrant that this transmission is virus-free and can accept no liability for any damages resulting from any virus transmitted.   The risks are deemed to be accepted by everyone who communicates with Atos Origin by email.

RE: Dynamic Routes with the Headers Exchange

Posted by "Fallon, Richard" <ri...@atosorigin.com>.

Wow, that's good work!

I'll keep an eye on progress.

Posted by "Fallon, Richard" <ri...@atosorigin.com>.

Thanks, in fact in our environment the source is the harder one to
maintain anyway.  So will upgrade destination broker at the same time as
the source brokers.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by "Fallon, Richard" <ri...@atosorigin.com>.

Gordon,

One more thing.

Will the fix you have submitted need to be applied to the source broker,
destination broker or both?

Richard

Posted by "Fallon, Richard" <ri...@atosorigin.com>.

Gordon,

Amazing - that's very good service indeed.  I've already sung your
praises to a number of friends and colleagues.

Thanks very much

Richard

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.