Posted to dev@asterixdb.apache.org by Ian Maxon <im...@uci.edu> on 2018/07/17 05:40:05 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache AsterixDB 0.9.4 and Hyracks 0.3.4 (RC0)

Hi everyone,

Please verify and vote on the latest release of Apache AsterixDB

The change that produced this release and the change to advance the version are
up for review here:

https://asterix-gerrit.ics.uci.edu/#/c/2773/
https://asterix-gerrit.ics.uci.edu/#/c/2772/

To check out the release, simply fetch the review and check out the
fetch head like so:

git fetch https://asterix-gerrit.ics.uci.edu:29418/asterixdb
refs/changes/72/2772/1 && git checkout FETCH_HEAD

AsterixDB Source
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/asterixdb/apache-asterixdb-0.9.4-source-release.zip
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/asterixdb/apache-asterixdb-0.9.4-source-release.zip.asc
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/asterixdb/apache-asterixdb-0.9.4-source-release.zip.sha1

SHA1:7ca7dee5408fb77010bdd1cde83a35452b087385

Hyracks Source
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/asterixdb/apache-hyracks-0.3.4-source-release.zip
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/asterixdb/apache-hyracks-0.3.4-source-release.zip.asc
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/asterixdb/apache-hyracks-0.3.4-source-release.zip.sha1

SHA1:17654682f9cb6f5ad9811fd644c954afa330ce01

AsterixDB NCService Installer:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/asterixdb/asterix-server-0.9.4-binary-assembly.zip
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/asterixdb/asterix-server-0.9.4-binary-assembly.zip.asc
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/asterixdb/asterix-server-0.9.4-binary-assembly.zip.sha1

SHA1:a0931dc6aedab4007112ee75b62028336382fb72

Additionally, a staged maven repository is available at:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheasterix-1043/

The KEYS file containing the PGP keys used to sign the release can be
found at

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/asterixdb/KEYS

RAT was executed as part of Maven via the RAT maven plugin, but
excludes files that are:

- data for tests
- procedurally generated,
- or source files which come without a header mentioning their license,
  but have an explicit reference in the LICENSE file.

The vote is open for 72 hours, or until the necessary number of votes
(3 +1) has been reached.

Please vote
[ ] +1 release these packages as Apache AsterixDB 0.9.4 and
Apache Hyracks 0.3.4
[ ] 0 No strong feeling either way
[ ] -1 do not release one or both packages because ...

Thanks!

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache AsterixDB 0.9.4 and Hyracks 0.3.4 (RC0)

Posted by Xikui Wang <xi...@uci.edu>.
Yes. The UDF is compiled on my machine that has Java 8 installed, and the
cluster has Java 8 as well.

Best,
Xikui

Posted by Ian Maxon <im...@uci.edu>.

Posted by Ian Maxon <im...@uci.edu>.
There's a patch now that puts this dependency in asterix-external-data
which fixes the issue, I'm canceling RC0 to include this small but
important fix.

Posted by Michael Blow <mb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xikui Wang <xi...@uci.edu>.