Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by R Karthick <ca...@yahoo.com> on 2004/06/16 07:53:11 UTC

Minimum implementation of batik - just for viewing SVG files

Hi,

I am really stuck in this. I am writing a Java Applet,
which loads svg files, just for displaying.

Now the jar files itself comes around 2 to 3 megs,
which is really large for a web application. I cannot
expect the user to download the 2 to 3 megs of data
for using my Applet over the web.

I would like to know, how to create a minimum
implementation of JSVGCanvas, just for viewing it. (
or is it avaliable in the web for download? ) Even I
will not need the functionality of zooming and
rotation. Just for display!!

Please help.

Regards,
R Karthick

=====
You are the one, the only one!!!

Re: Minimum implementation of batik - just for viewing SVG files

Posted by R Karthick <ca...@yahoo.com>.
Hi!!

thnkx for all your replies.

yeah, i understand that itz ok for a application, but
mine is a web page, which loads an applet which has to
support "SVG images".

I guess i'll have to remove some classes at the source
code level. I downloaded the latest source code and
was trying to compile it, but I got a

resource descriptor error

Can anybody help me how to solve this error, so that i
 can continue and remove the classes which r not
needed. in another words, can anybody tell me how i
should use the source code to compile batik and to use
it in the custom application.

regards,
R K

--- Jamie Browning <ja...@exponent.co.uk>