Posted to user@tez.apache.org by Grandl Robert <rg...@yahoo.com> on 2015/02/05 23:26:53 UTC

operators in a Tez vertex

Hi guys,
Given a Hive query, I want to map the operators which runs in every Tez vertex. Is there any easy way I can do that ?

Thanks,Robert

Re: operators in a Tez vertex

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.
Hello Robert,

I believe currently the only way to do is this from the hive explain plan as most of this information is inaccessible to Tez ( it is passed in via the user payloads and only parsed by the Hive Processor ). I believe if you enable the ATSHooks in Hive, it publishes such information to the YARN timeline server for each submitted query. Tez has added some hooks for applications to inject some additional data into the Tez DAG plan which can then be leveraged in the Tez UI but I don’t believe folks in Hive have started looking at integrating into this layer yet.

thanks
— Hitesh