Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Mark Vigeant <ma...@riskmetrics.com> on 2009/11/11 20:56:20 UTC

Lounge Issues...

Hey, my question never got answered so I shall pose it once more:

Ok, so now here are my problems: when I try to start smartproxy, it tells me there's no module named "simplejson."

When I try to start dumbproxy, it tells me that /usr/bin/nginx-lounge can't open "libpcre.so.0" because it doesn't exist. It does exist however, and so I think it's just looking in the wrong place. I don't know how to modify that though, because when I open /usr/bin/nginx-lounge it's just a bunch of symbols.

So my guess is that I have both files, but not in the places they should be. Could anyone help me solve this issue?

Also, is lounge the only way to configure clusters in couchdb? Will it be automatically built in / easier to install further down the road? I like the ease of CouchDB in all other respects but thus far trying to configure lounge has been a major headache.

Mark Vigeant
RiskMetrics Group, Inc.

Re: Lounge Issues...

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
On 11 Nov 2009, at 19:56, Mark Vigeant wrote:

> Ok, so now here are my problems: when I try to start smartproxy, it
> tells me there's no module named "simplejson."

The simplejson library is an external library, so you'll have to
install that. In Python 2.6, it was added to the standard library,
under the name json. Really, and I don't know if it doesn't already,
lounge should be doing a conditional import.

Re: Lounge Issues...

Posted by mi...@free.fr.
Hello,

about your pcre problem :

You don't specify your OS... If you're on Linux :

use "ldd" to watch the shared libraries ( files .so.number are shared libraries ) needed by your executable, and the resolutions. For example :

 ldd /bin/ls
        linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xffffe000)
        librt.so.1 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/librt.so.1 (0xb7f89000)
        libacl.so.1 => /lib/libacl.so.1 (0xb7f83000)
        libselinux.so.1 => /lib/libselinux.so.1 (0xb7f6d000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6 (0xb7e3c000)
        libpthread.so.0 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libpthread.so.0 (0xb7e2a000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xb7f9d000)
        libattr.so.1 => /lib/libattr.so.1 (0xb7e26000)
        libdl.so.2 => /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libdl.so.2 (0xb7e22000)
        libsepol.so.1 => /lib/libsepol.so.1 (0xb7de1000)

To add a new path of shared library, export the variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH like so :

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/somewhere/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
and then (in the same login session ) retry to ldd your file.

To make the new path permanently known by the system, have a look at "ldconfig" command.

Hope that helps

Mickael