Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2013/12/06 00:24:38 UTC

Apache Flex homepage and trademarks

Hi,

Just noticed that we have a logo (top right) with tm, one of the big images with 'Apache Flex" no tm and one with just "Flex" and with a "r" symbol rather than a tm symbol.

So guess the first question does anyone know if it's a trademark or registered trade mark? The image with just "Flex" on it would need to change to "Apache Flex" at a minimum.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Apache Flex homepage and trademarks

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
But to answer your other question -- there is a legal distinction between
the (r) and the tm, in how it is used.  I believe that when it is used in
text, it is a (r), and the logo is the tm.

-Nick

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> I think the only places that /should/ be changed is on the scrolling
> banner.
Removed I assume you man and "Flex" changed to "Apache Flex"?

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
This passed the trademark people when we changed the site.  Their response
was "The most significant logo/text should have it properly marked.  Others
are optional."

I think the only places that /should/ be changed is on the scrolling
banner.  I can do that if people want.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Also some broken formatting (re links not working) under the trademark section of our web site here:
http://flex.apache.org/about-licensing.html

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I'd ask trademarks@.  But I think Shane did say it is a registered mark.