Posted to user@hive.apache.org by qq <98...@qq.com> on 2019/10/30 07:07:18 UTC

How to migrate a table of a Hive database to another database

Hello:
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;How to migrate a table of a Hive database to another database?
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;For example:
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;Hive contains two databases: databaseA and databaseB. I want to migrate tableA in databaseA to databaseB. What do I need to do? Can you give me detailed steps?
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;thinks.
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;I am looking forward to your reply!

Re: How to migrate a table of a Hive database to another database

Posted by Pau Tallada <ta...@pic.es>.
what about recreating them on the proper database?
no data movement is required

Posted by qq <98...@qq.com>.
hi!
&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;Using this method to migrate Hive internal tables is normal, but an error is reported when migrating Hive external tables. The error message is as follows:
Error:Error while compiling statement:FAILED:SemanticException [Error 10134]:ALTER TABLE cannot be used for a non-native table tablename
&nbsp; &nbsp; How to migrate Hive external tables?

&nbsp; &nbsp; thinks.

Posted by Pau Tallada <ta...@pic.es>.
hi!