Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Matt Pease <ma...@fullscreen.com> on 2001/09/01 03:57:37 UTC

howto mirror a jsp site.. convert ?/= to .do/param1/param2?

Hi all -

  I'd like to mirror my jsp generated website, in an effort to
reduce the memory / hardware requirements of the site.  My site's
content won't change so often that it needs to see immediate updates.

  I plan on using wget -m  to mirror the site.  This works but for
one problem...    wget creates these kind of files:

   preview_ss.jsp?id=65

  But apache doesn't want to serve them... requests to this link
are 404 b/c apache looks for preview_ss.jsp

  I'm wondering if there is a way to switch jsp into a mode where
using:

   preview_ss.do/id/65

 will still automatically place parameters into the request parameters
hashtable?

Or am I going to have to add a call to do this to each page?  I guess I
could use a custom tag...

Thank you-
Matt

RE: howto mirror a jsp site.. convert ?/= to .do/param1/param2?

Posted by Matt Pease <ma...@fullscreen.com>.
Hi Pier --

Sorry I guess I wasn't clear...

getting the file with wget works fine..

all I do is:   wget -m fullscreen.com

But, what I get is a bunch of myfile.jsp?param=value
files.

moving this directory into apache doesn't work, b/c
when the user requests the file /myfile.jsp?param=value
apache looks for myfile.jsp, doesn't find it & returns
a 404.

So, I'm wondering, is there some way to rewrite the
param / values so that JSP understands them & so
that apache doesn't attempt to strip them away as
parameters?

I've seen struts apps & other pages use this format:
myfile.jsp;param=value

I know that I can use servlet mapping to do something
like

myfile.do;/pathto/myfile.jsp;param=val;param2=value

& have the servlet servicing myfile.do rewrite the URLs into standard
format.  Perhaps thats what I'll do.

I was just wondering if there is some way to get tomcat to do
this automatically for a webapp.

Thanks again-
Matt

FullScreen
Delicious downloadable desktop delights

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
"Matt Pease" <ma...@fullscreen.com> wrote:

> Hi all -
>
> I'd like to mirror my jsp generated website, in an effort to
> reduce the memory / hardware requirements of the site.  My site's
> content won't change so often that it needs to see immediate updates.
>
> I plan on using wget -m  to mirror the site.  This works but for
> one problem...    wget creates these kind of files:
>
>  preview_ss.jsp?id=65
>
> But apache doesn't want to serve them... requests to this link
> are 404 b/c apache looks for preview_ss.jsp
>

> I'm wondering if there is a way to switch jsp into a mode where
> using:
>
>  preview_ss.do/id/65
>
> will still automatically place parameters into the request parameters
> hashtable?
>

> Or am I going to have to add a call to do this to each page?  I guess I
> could use a custom tag...

WGET works for me... Just be sure to escape that "?" character in the query
string... Do something like (quoted)

# wget "http://mysite.com/myfile.jsp?param=value"

Or escaped:

wget http://mysite.com/myfile.jsp\?param=value