Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Michael Marshall <mm...@apache.org> on 2022/02/25 07:12:20 UTC

[DISCUSS] Likely Deadlock Scenario In 2.9, Possibly 2.10

Hello Pulsar Community,

I am in the process of investigating what I believe to be a broker
deadlock scenario that affects branch-2.9 and likely branch-2.10. (I
haven't had a chance to check branch-2.8 yet.)

I quickly described some of the details in this issue [0]. The
deadlock is related to waiting on the `metadata-store` thread for a
task to pending task to complete on that same `metadata-store` thread.
It is late for me, so I won't be able to investigate more until
tomorrow.

Since this behavior is in multiple versions of 2.9, we will need to
decide how to handle in-flight release candidates. Given that
2.10.0-candidate-2 hasn't been cut yet, it might be worth delaying
that tag just a little longer until we can get a solution.

I'm sharing before I have all of the details in the interest of
preventing unnecessary release candidates. Hopefully this is helpful.

Thanks,
Michael

[0] https://github.com/apache/pulsar/issues/14438

Re: [DISCUSS] Likely Deadlock Scenario In 2.9, Possibly 2.10

Posted by PengHui Li <pe...@apache.org>.
Thanks, Michael,

I will wait for the solution.

Penghui