Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Manabu Shibata <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/23 17:54:21 UTC

How to use "." at end of local-part

Hi all,

I'm using James 2.2.0 on Linux for develop website
for Japanese cellurar phone.

James seems not to permit use "." at end of local-part(username) in
accordance with RFC.
----
24/10/06 00:03:00 ERROR smtpserver: Error parsing sender address:
test.@example.net : local-part (user account) ended with a ".", which is
invalid.
----

But I want to use it because it is able to use in E-mail address of
the cellular phone of Japan.

I found where validate this in
org.apache.mailet.MailAddress#parseUnquotedLocalPart().

---- L315-317 ---
if (lastCharDot) {
  throw new ParseException("local-part (user account) ended with a
\".\", which is invalid.");
}
----

It's OK only comment out those codes to permit to use period
at the end of local-part?

Or is there any configuration?

Manabu Shibata

manabu.shibata@gmail.com