Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Asha K S <as...@adobe.com> on 2011/05/03 06:29:44 UTC

Restarting Tomcat remotely

Hi,

Can anybody  please let me know if there is way to start/stop Tomcat remotely(Not start/stop of applications but server itself)

Thanks,
Asha

Re: Restarting Tomcat remotely

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
On 03/05/2011 12:29 AM, Asha K S wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anybody  please let me know if there is way to start/stop Tomcat remotely(Not start/stop of applications but server itself)
>
> Thanks,
> Asha

What operating system?
For Linux, you just need to make the shutdown and startup scripts run.

RE: Restarting Tomcat remotely

Posted by "CRANFORD, CHRIS" <Ch...@setech.com>.
I use SC which allows you to communication with a remote Service Control
Manager on an NT platform to stop the Tomcat service; deploy the WAR
file and then restart the server in one simple execution.  On *nix you
could use some flavor of an secure shell script to stop the process, do
your secure copy and then secure shell to restart the application
server.

Posted by "Noah, Craig [USA]" <No...@bah.com>.
The only solution I know is to be able to remotely log into the server to run the shutdown/startup scripts.

Craig Noah
Booz Allen Hamilton
Noah_Craig@bah.com

Posted by Darryl Lewis <da...@unsw.edu.au>.
I use the service command to start and stop tomcat
i.e.
service tomcat5 start
service tomcat5 stop
service tomcat5 restart