Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Paul Bohm <bo...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/13 20:50:07 UTC

Tragedy: A high-level Cassandra Object Abstraction for Python

Hey everyone,

I've lately been working on Tragedy, a (yet another) Cassandra object
abstraction for Python. While there clearly is no shortage of high
quality Python Cassandra libraries out there already, Tragedy has a
different enough design that you might still find it useful.

The README contains an overview and a walkthrough of a full
Twitter-like example, so check it out. I'm continuing to work on new
features, but the code is already being used for a real project and I
have plans to continue development and maintain it for quite a bit
longer.

You can find Documentation, Source, and the full Twitterish-Example here:
http://github.com/enki/tragedy/

Paul

Re: Tragedy: A high-level Cassandra Object Abstraction for Python

Posted by Paul Bohm <bo...@gmail.com>.
Ok, will add it.

I originally tried to build upon both lazyboy and pycassa, but started
from scratch when the abstraction didn't feel right both times.

The only part of pycassa that I use now is the socket/reconnect code,
which does exactly what's needed for now. I'm however planning to
switch it out soon because I need to integrate with async systems like
telephus (twisted) and tornado within the next few weeks.

Best,
Paul

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.