Posted to dev@myriad.apache.org by Ken Sipe <ke...@mesosphere.io> on 2015/04/08 19:42:13 UTC

docker hub repo

I’ve created a docker repo for myriad under the mesos namespace:   https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/mesos/myriad/ <https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/mesos/myriad/>

provide me with users that need push rights

thanks,
ken

Re: docker hub repo

Posted by Ken Sipe <ke...@mesosphere.io>.
Brandon, you’ve been added and have write access!

Re: docker hub repo

Posted by Brandon Gulla <gu...@gmail.com>.
awesome ken. Add me: bgulla

--
Brandon

Re: docker hub repo

Posted by Santosh Marella <sm...@maprtech.com>.
I see. I didn't know that you can tag the docker images. Yea.. that's
exactly what is needed. We don't want people to confuse between a dev/test
and production versions of myriad docker images.

Santosh

Re: docker hub repo

Posted by Ken Sipe <ke...@mesosphere.io>.

Re: docker hub repo

Posted by Santosh Marella <sm...@maprtech.com>.

Re: docker hub repo

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 12:38 PM, Ken Sipe <ke...@mesosphere.io> wrote:

> > On Apr 8, 2015, at 2:33 PM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > How is this repo going to be used ?
>
> It will be the pull location for myriad… at least for the scheduler.
> docker pull mesos/myriad
>
> > Will Apache consider things that get pushed to these repos (particularly
> outside of ASF) a release, and thus
> > will need to go trough the release process ?
>
> Great question… I don’t know what Apache considers here.   We have a need
> to have dockerized releases.  That is what this is intended for.  I expect
> that initially it will be less structured and manual.   I expect that
> eventually it will be part of the release process and hopefully automated.
>
> Ken

There is a discussion in the infra list if I remember correctly where folks
are working on getting a Docker repo available for ASF, but otherwise I
would recommend working with Infra to get something setup as part of the
Myriad CI process.

And I would use the public docker repo for actually official releases,
particularly if they are oart of an ASF related account (e.g. mesos or
myriad).

Re: docker hub repo

Posted by Ken Sipe <ke...@mesosphere.io>.

Re: docker hub repo

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
How is this repo going to be used ? Will Apache consider things that get