Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Dilip.TS" <di...@starmarksv.com> on 2007/11/12 16:15:05 UTC

Does SOLR supports multiple instances within the same webapplication?

Hello,

  Does SOLR supports multiple instances within the same web application? If
so how is this achieved?

  Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Dilip TS

Re: Does SOLR supports multiple instances within the same webapplication?

Posted by Walter Ferrara <wa...@gmail.com>.
take a look @:
http://lucene.apache.org/solr/version_control.html#Anonymous+Access+%28read-only%29
and http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html#anon-svn

You may want to use an IDE (eclipse/netbeans/...) to svn there (look for
"trunk" dir); this way you could easily download the trunk and compile
via build.xml maybe even without touching the keyboard.
You can apply the patch via the IDE or via shell with the classic patch
command from project main dir (the one that contains build.xml)

Walter

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James liu <li...@gmail.com>.
if I understand correct,,u just do it like that:(i use php)

$data1 = getDataFromInstance1($url);
$data2 = getDataFromInstance2($url);

it just have multi solr Instance. and getData from the distance.

--
regards
jl