Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Gavin <ga...@beyondm.net> on 2008/01/16 12:36:47 UTC

Indexing two sets of details

Hi,
	In the web application we are developing we have two sets of details.
The personal details and the resume details. We allow 5 different
resumes to be available for each user. But we want the personal details
to remain same for each 5 resumes. The problem is when personal details
are changed we will have to update all 5 resumes.
	I was thinking if we index the personal details fields separately we
only have to change/update those fields. But the problem is when
searching for users using fields from both personal details and resume.
Then I have to manually combine both searches and what if one search
gives more results than the other. Would really appreciate it if  anyone
has a suggestion on how I should tackle this problem

Gavin Selvaratnam,
Project Leader

hSenid Mobile Solutions
Phone: +94-11-2446623/4
Fax: +94-11-2307579

Web: http://www.hSenidMobile.com

Make it happen

Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. The content and opinions
contained in this email are not necessarily those of hSenid Software International.
If you have received this email in error please contact the sender.