Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> on 2006/12/07 04:46:30 UTC

[VOTE] Release Qpid M1

The Qpid community voted on and almost approved to
release qpid-java-1.0-incubator-M1, we are a vote short.

I would thus like to request the Incubator PMC to
review the release and if someone could help us get
this remaining vote to be able to request to publish
the release.

You can preview the release at:
    http://people.apache.org/~rajith/qpid-release/M1/
which includes the links to the binary and sources releases.

The svn branch used for the M1 release is located at:
    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/qpid/branches/M1/

The results of the vote held on the Qpid dev list where as follows

Vote Summary
------------
0 	-1 or 0 votes
2	+1 Mentors
12 	+1 PPMC
4	+1 Others

Mentors
-------
Cliff Schmitt
Paul Fremantle

PPMC
----
Alan Conway
Kim van der Riet
Martin Ritche
Marnie McCormack
Steve Vinoski
Gordon Sim
Robert Grieg
Rajith Attapatta
John O'Hara
Bhupendra Bhardwaj
Rafael Schloming
Carl Trieloff

Others
------
Suresh Kodichath
Frank Lynch
Sam Joyce
Tejeswar Das

Regards
Carl

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid M1

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
something went wrong on line wrap, re-send so that vote count can be
understood.

> The Qpid community voted on and almost approved to release
> qpid-java-1.0-incubator-M1, we are a vote short.
>
> I would thus like to request the Incubator PMC to review the release
> and if someone could help us get this remaining vote to be able to
> request to publish the release.
>
> You can preview the release at:
>    http://people.apache.org/~rajith/qpid-release/M1/
> which includes the links to the binary and sources releases.
>

> The svn branch used for the M1 release is located at:
>    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/qpid/branches/M1/
> The results of the vote held on the Qpid dev list where as follows
>
> Vote Summary
> ------------
> 0     -1 or 0 votes
> 2    +1 Mentors
12     +1 PPMC
> 4    +1 Others
>
> Mentors
> -------
> Cliff Schmitt
> Paul Fremantle
>
> PPMC
> ----
> Alan Conway
> Kim van der Riet
> Martin Ritche
> Marnie McCormack
> Steve Vinoski
> Gordon Sim
> Robert Grieg
> Rajith Attapatta
> John O'Hara
> Bhupendra Bhardwaj
> Rafael Schloming
> Carl Trieloff
>
> Others
> ------
> Suresh Kodichath
Frank Lynch

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid M1

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
Brian McCallister wrote:
> Concern:
> Was there any resolution on the AMQP licensing terms (1) in relation
> to making releases? I think it is okay, but how it fits into the
> current draft guidelines (2) I am unsure. I think Cliff voted for
> this, so I suspect it is okay. Just want to make sure :-)

Yes, the issue in B-2 was resolved, we took the item identified at
project proposal time back to the Specification Working Group, to be
voted on, corrected it and that correction has been reflected in the
specification license included in the release. The link you reference
includes the update:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/qpid/branches/M1/specs/license.amqp.txt

Regards
Carl.

[RESULT] vote result for Qpid M1

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.

Thank you for all those that helped, I will post a release ANN once the
release has been posted.

Regards
Carl.

Vote Summary
------------
0     -1 or 0 votes

2    +1 Mentors binding
2    + 1 Incubator binding
12  +1 PPMC
4    +1 Others

Incubator Votes
--------------------
Davanum Srinivas
Brian McCallister

Mentors
-------
Cliff Schmitt
Paul Fremantle

PPMC
----
Alan Conway
Kim van der Riet
Martin Ritche
Marnie McCormack
Steve Vinoski
Gordon Sim
Robert Grieg
Rajith Attapatta
John O'Hara
Bhupendra Bhardwaj
Rafael Schloming
Carl Trieloff

Others
------
Suresh Kodichath
Frank Lynch
Sam Joyce
Tejeswar Das

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid M1

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
If this is now a vote then I'm +1 :-)

Paul

On 12/11/06, Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 from me.
>
> thanks,
> -- dims
>
> On 12/11/06, Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > I will leave the vote open it till Wednesday at which time I will
> > provide a summary of the final vote. Qpid has the votes required for
> > releasing, with vote running longer than 72 hours and thus would like to
> > provide notice of closing the vote Wednesday if there are any additional
> > votes.
> >
> > Thanks to all that have helped so far, regards
> > Carl.

> Davanum Srinivas : http://www.wso2.net (Oxygen for Web Service Developers)

Paul Fremantle

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle
paul@wso2.com

[RESULT] vote result for Qpid M1

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid M1

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid M1

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid M1

Posted by Brian McCallister <br...@apache.org>.
On Dec 11, 2006, at 2:27 AM, Cliff Schmidt wrote:

> On 12/6/06, Brian McCallister <br...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Concern:
>> Was there any resolution on the AMQP licensing terms (1) in relation
>> to making releases? I think it is okay, but how it fits into the
>> current draft guidelines (2) I am unsure. I think Cliff voted for
>> this, so I suspect it is okay. Just want to make sure :-)
>
> Yes, before I gave my +1 I made sure the AMQP spec license allowed for
> distribution (which got corrected from the earlier version of the
> license).  I also personally did a review to ensure that all
> third-party licenses are acceptable (mainly BSD-like, Apache, CPL, and
> MPL) and that the required notices for these components are covered by
> the NOTICE file.

Thanks!

+1 from me, things look in order.

-Brian

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid M1

Posted by Cliff Schmidt <cl...@gmail.com>.
On 12/6/06, Brian McCallister <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> Concern:
> Was there any resolution on the AMQP licensing terms (1) in relation
> to making releases? I think it is okay, but how it fits into the
> current draft guidelines (2) I am unsure. I think Cliff voted for
> this, so I suspect it is okay. Just want to make sure :-)

Yes, before I gave my +1 I made sure the AMQP spec license allowed for
distribution (which got corrected from the earlier version of the
license).  I also personally did a review to ensure that all
third-party licenses are acceptable (mainly BSD-like, Apache, CPL, and
MPL) and that the required notices for these components are covered by
the NOTICE file.

Cliff

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid M1

Posted by Brian McCallister <br...@apache.org>.