Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Tim Williams <wi...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/25 21:52:13 UTC

term position in phrase query using queryparser

Is there a syntax to set the term position in a query built with
queryparser?  For example, I would like something like:

PhraseQuery q = new PhraseQuery();
q.add(t1, 0);
q.add(t2, 0);
q.setSlop(0);

As I understand it, the slop defaults to 0, but I don't know how to
search for basically two tokens at the same term position using the
queryparser syntax.

Thanks,
--tim

Re: term position in phrase query using queryparser

Posted by Matt Ronge <mr...@mronge.com>.
On Feb 25, 2009, at 2:52 PM, Tim Williams wrote:

> Is there a syntax to set the term position in a query built with
> queryparser?  For example, I would like something like:
>
> PhraseQuery q = new PhraseQuery();
> q.add(t1, 0);
> q.add(t2, 0);
> q.setSlop(0);
>
> As I understand it, the slop defaults to 0, but I don't know how to
> search for basically two tokens at the same term position using the
> queryparser syntax.

I don't think this is available from the QueryParser. You could make a
subclass that does this for the phrase query syntax. So if you have
something like "term1 term2" then you can build your own Query and
return it, but then you can't use phrase queries anymore... Either
that or do your own parser...
--
Matt Ronge
mronge@mronge.com