Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by Vishal Kapoor <vi...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/09 18:25:02 UTC

can someone point me to the documentation on all the parameters I can set for frameworkForm and connectorForm

I am specifically looking to set things like

InlineLobLimit
ClassName
FileLayout
MapColumnJava

Thanks,
Vishal

Re: can someone point me to the documentation on all the parameters I can set for frameworkForm and connectorForm

Posted by Abraham Elmahrek <ab...@cloudera.com>.
Yeah, sqoop2 does not support Avro yet even. Though, one of the reasons it
was created was to improve such use cases.

Sqoop1 is recommended to be run from the command line. Some of the
information you're looking for should be in STDOUT when running Sqoop1 from
the command line.

-Abe

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 10:18 AM, Vishal Kapoor <vi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Abe,
>
> That takes sqoop2 out of scope for me for now as I am looking for an Avro
> Export where I can influence the Namespace and Avro schema name.
>
> another question, how best can start a sqoop job from Java code  and
> capture the output for sqoop 1.4.3( not sqoop2)
> I am interested in number of records exported, bytes read etc.
>
> Thanks,
> Vishal
>

> On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 12:04 PM, Abraham Elmahrek <ab...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hey there,
>>
>> I'm assuming you mean Sqoop2? If so, there isn't any documentation for
>> this yet.
>>
>>    - InlineLobLimit - I don't think there's a mechanism for this in
>>    Sqoop2 yet.
>>    - ClassName - Not needed in sqoop2. Sqoop2 does not generate classes.
>>    - FileLayout - Output Format
>>    - MapColumnJava - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-1074
>>
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> -Abe
>>

>> On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 9:25 AM, Vishal Kapoor <vishal.kapoor.in@gmail.com
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I am specifically looking to set things like
>>>
>>> InlineLobLimit
>>> ClassName
>>> FileLayout

Posted by Vishal Kapoor <vi...@gmail.com>.