Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Vipul Vij <vi...@orange.net> on 2003/06/25 18:00:25 UTC

Generated JAR is corrupt.

Hi List,

Well, I have been using Maven to generate WARs using JARs as you would. I have tried to deploy the WARs onto IBM's WAS and found it was unable to do this. It is complaining about an invalid header file. Now, (after a lot of such around on Google) I have located that the problem lies with the Manifest file and that the JAR that Maven generates is corrupt. >From Euan Guttridge's posting: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=turbine-maven-user&m=105119655219170&w=2  I understand that this has been fixed. I am currently using the maven-1.0-beta-9 version of Maven.

Unfortunately, when I build the source it fails :- (

Does anyone have any ideas how to deal with this ?

Please help.

Regards,

Vipul

Re: Generated JAR is corrupt.

Posted by Ben Walding <be...@walding.com>.
As previously noted... this has already been done

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?BrokenManifestInBeta9

dion@multitask.com.au wrote:

>If it's that urgentm why don't we simply do a release of the jar plugin
>and make it easily downloadable?
>--
>dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
>Blog:      http://blogs.codehaus.org/people/dion/
>Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au
>

>Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com> wrote on 26/06/2003 02:59:44 AM:
>

>>At 5:00 PM +0100 6/25/03, Vipul Vij wrote:
>>

>>>Hi List,
>>>
>>>Well, I have been using Maven to generate WARs using JARs as you
>>>would. I have tried to deploy the WARs onto IBM's WAS and found it
>>>was unable to do this. It is complaining about an invalid header
>>>file. Now, (after a lot of such around on Google) I have located
>>>that the problem lies with the Manifest file and that the JAR that
>>>Maven generates is corrupt. >From Euan Guttridge's posting:
>>>

>>http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=turbine-maven-user&m=105119655219170&w=2
>>

>>>I understand that this has been fixed. I am currently using the
>>>maven-1.0-beta-9 version of Maven.
>>>
>>>Unfortunately, when I build the source it fails :- (
>>>
>>>Does anyone have any ideas how to deal with this ?
>>>

>>You should be able to simply build the jar plugin and install it,
>>rather than trying to build the whole Maven project from CVS.
>>
>>cd src/plugins-build/jar
>>maven plugin:install
>>
>>This is such a serious problem that I think a new Maven release
>>should be cut as soon as possible.  Even if it were just a beta 9.01
>>or something.
>>
>>Joe
>>
>>--
>>--
>>Joe Germuska
>>Joe@Germuska.com
>>http://blog.germuska.com
>>"If nature worked that way, the universe would crash all the time."
>>   --Jaron Lanier

Re: Generated JAR is corrupt.

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.

Re: Generated JAR is corrupt.