Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2002/06/26 11:39:14 UTC

Re: [Heads Up] Updated the Java headers to use the full license in Framework

Peter Donald wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Jun 2002 07:10, Peter Royal wrote:
> > >
> > > You know I am going to revert this as soon as I have to edit the files.
> >
> > Out of curiosity, what's proper from a "apache foundation covering their
> > ass" standpoint?
>
> Depends on who you ask. The head of Apache said short form is fine, another
> apache board member saids it is evil. Both have consulted lawyers so take
> your pick ;)

The ASF member list with the Apache licensing commitee came up with an
informal resolution that *strongly* suggests to use the full version
until the Apache License 2.0 is ready. The new license is legally
designed to allow boilerplating.

So, please, until the new license is out, let's use the full license
even if it's longer. Thanks.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

RE: [Heads Up] Updated the Java headers to use the full license in Framework

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
> From: Stefano Mazzocchi [mailto:stefano@apache.org]
>
> Peter Donald wrote:

> edit the
> > >
> > > Out of curiosity, what's proper from a "apache foundation
> covering
> > > their ass" standpoint?
> >
> > Depends on who you ask. The head of Apache said short form is fine,
> > another apache board member saids it is evil. Both have consulted
> > lawyers so take your pick ;)
>
> The ASF member list with the Apache licensing commitee came
> up with an informal resolution that *strongly* suggests to
> use the full version until the Apache License 2.0 is ready.
> The new license is legally designed to allow boilerplating.
>
> So, please, until the new license is out, let's use the full
> license even if it's longer. Thanks.

It appears Peter already reverted the change :(

I don't want to get into a pissing contest with him over this issue,
so I will let someone else try and convert him.