Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by ra...@blueyonder.co.uk on 2006/04/09 19:47:45 UTC

RE: Dragable rectangle - Why its not working???

Hi,

I've created a new subclass as follows:

 protected Interactor zoomInteractor2 = new AbstractZoomInteractor() {
        public boolean startInteraction(InputEvent ie) {
         int mods = ie.getModifiers();

         return
         ie.getID() == MouseEvent.MOUSE_PRESSED && isButtonClicked == true;
        }
    };

That is checking that it's mouse down and that the user has
clicked my button, instead of just checking if it is a button1 with ctrl
down. But when I run the code, and click the button nothing happens :(

Pls Help

yasmin

> Hi Yasmin,
>
>    You just need to create a new subclass of
> AbstractZoomInteractor.startInteraction, the one in
> the Canvas has:
>
>     protected Interactor zoomInteractor = new AbstractZoomInteractor() {
>         public boolean startInteraction(InputEvent ie) {
>             int mods = ie.getModifiers();
>             return
>                 ie.getID() == MouseEvent.MOUSE_PRESSED &&
>                 (mods & InputEvent.BUTTON1_MASK) != 0 &&
>                 (mods & InputEvent.CTRL_MASK) != 0;
>         }
>     };
>
>         You will want to check that it's mouse down and that the user has
> clicked your button, instead of just checking if it is a button1 with ctrl
> down.
>
> rafiqy@blueyonder.co.uk wrote on 04/08/2006 06:39:16 PM:
>

>> Hi Javid,
>>
>> Yes, the JSVGCanvas already does what I want to do, you know when u
> wantto
>> select an area on ur canvas to zoomIn, you do that by holding the 'CTRL
> &
>> MouseDown' ...well, I want to achieve the same by assigning this to a
>> button, so the user can just click the button and then drag a rectangle
>> select the area ...so, that my UI is user friendly, assuming that the
> user
>> does not know about the 'Key' shortCuts... hope that make sense :(
>>
>> yasmin
>>

>> > Yasmin,
>> > What do you mean by assign it to JButton? To me, it looks like
> whatever
>> > you
>> > are trying to do JSVGCanvas already does that.
>> > Can you explain a bit more?
>> >
>> > Javid

Posted by ra...@blueyonder.co.uk.
Hey Javid,