Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org> on 2017/04/12 16:45:44 UTC

KeywordTokenizer and multiValued field

Does the KeywordTokenizer make each value into a unitary string or does it take the whole list of values and make that a single string?

I really hope it is the former. I can’t find this in the docs (including JavaDocs).

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

Re: KeywordTokenizer and multiValued field

Posted by Andrea Gazzarini <gx...@gmail.com>.
Hi Wunder,
I think it's the first option: if you have 3 values then the analyzer
chain is executed three times.

Andrea

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
So I have a field named "key" that uses KeywordTokenizer and has
multiValued="true" set. A doc like
<doc>
  <field name="key">val one</field>
  <field name="key">yet another value</field>
  <field name="key">third</field>
</doc>

My field will have exactly three indexed tokens

val one
yet another value
third

Best,