Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Trent Rosenbaum <tr...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/21 22:58:26 UTC

Problems building archiva-base archiva-policies module

Over the last couple of weeks I have been downloading the Archiva
source and trying to build a local snapshot.  Subversion completes
with no problems; I then execute the standard 'mvn clean install'.
All seems to be be going fine until Maven starts to work on the
Archiva Policies module under the Archiva Base project.  Maven enters
to testing phase and then my system seems to be taken over by the Java
process.  Maven gives no indecation that the phase will complete and
my system resource show no sign of being returned to normal unless I
manually kill the process.  Below is the last output that Maven gives
me.

I thought I would try again tonight after having a look at the
'Hacking Maven Archiva' post.

I did not want to post to much output because it is a big project.
Has anyone else experienced problems of this nature?

Many thanks
Trent

[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
[INFO] Building Archiva Base :: Policies
[INFO]    task-segment: [clean, install]
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
[INFO] [clean:clean]
[INFO] Deleting directory D:\temp\archiva\archiva-base\archiva-policies\target
[INFO] Deleting directory D:\temp\archiva\archiva-base\archiva-policies\target\c
lasses
[INFO] Deleting directory D:\temp\archiva\archiva-base\archiva-policies\target\t
est-classes
[INFO] [plexus:descriptor {execution: generate}]
[INFO] snapshot org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-digest:1.1-SNAPSHOT: checking for upd
ates from snapshots.codehaus.org
[INFO] snapshot org.codehaus.plexus:plexus-digest:1.1-SNAPSHOT: checking for upd
ates from apache.snapshots
[INFO] [remote-resources:process {execution: default}]
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[INFO] [plexus:merge-descriptors {execution: merge}]
[INFO] [compiler:compile]
Compiling 10 source files to D:\temp\archiva\archiva-base\archiva-policies\targe
t\classes
[INFO] [resources:testResources]
[INFO] [compiler:testCompile]
Compiling 2 source files to D:\temp\archiva\archiva-base\archiva-policies\target
\test-classes
[INFO] [surefire:test]
[INFO] Surefire report directory: D:\temp\archiva\archiva-base\archiva-policies\
target\surefire-reports

 T E S T S
Running org.apache.maven.archiva.policies.CachedFailuresPolicyTest
 WARN|main|    0|ConfigurationFactory           - No configuration found. Config
uring ehcache from ehcache-failsafe.xml  found in the classpath: jar:file:/D:/pu
blic_share/maven-local-repo/net/sf/ehcache/ehcache/1.2.4/ehcache-1.2.4.jar!/ehca
che-failsafe.xml
[INFO] Disposing cache: [  name = cache status = STATUS_ALIVE eternal = false ov
erflowToDisk = false maxElementsInMemory = 1000 maxElementsOnDisk = 0 memoryStor
eEvictionPolicy = LRU timeToLiveSeconds = 1800 timeToIdleSeconds = 2700 diskPers
istent = true diskExpiryThreadIntervalSeconds = 600 cacheEventListeners:  hitCou
nt = 0 memoryStoreHitCount = 0 diskStoreHitCount = 0 missCountNotFound = 0 missC
ountExpired = 0 ]
[...]
Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 3.515 sec
Running org.apache.maven.archiva.policies.ChecksumPolicyTest
[ERROR] File target\checksum-tests\testFailOnFileOnly\artifact.jar has no checks
um files (sha1 or md5).
[WARNING] SHA1 is incorrect for target\checksum-tests\testFailOnFileWithBadMd5An
dBadSha1\artifact.jar
[WARNING] MD5 is incorrect for target\checksum-tests\testFailOnFileWithBadMd5And
BadSha1\artifact.jar
[WARNING] MD5 is incorrect for target\checksum-tests\testFailOnFileWithBadMd5And
GoodSha1\artifact.jar
[WARNING] MD5 is incorrect for target\checksum-tests\testFailOnFileWithBadMd5Onl
y\artifact.jar
[WARNING] SHA1 is incorrect for target\checksum-tests\testFailOnFileWithBadSha1O
nly\artifact.jar
[WARNING] SHA1 is incorrect for target\checksum-tests\testFailOnFileWithGoodMd5A
ndBadSha1\artifact.jar

Re: Problems building archiva-base archiva-policies module

Posted by Trent Rosenbaum <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi there,

Just thought I would give a bit of an update on the current situation.
 I decided to updated Maven to version 2.0.6 and try it, (something
that I would normally do) and all worked as expected.  Is it the aim
to have archiva run on version 2.0.5?  Was that considered a better
build compared to 2.0.6?

Trent

Posted by Trent Rosenbaum <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi there,

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joakim Erdfelt <jo...@apache.org>.
Could you tell us what OS / JDK / Maven combo you are using?

This the first time I've had anyone complain about the archiva-policies
build.

Also, can you respond to that 'Hacking Archiva' email and tell me what
sections/concepts you have the most questions about?

- Joakim

--
- Joakim Erdfelt
  joakime@apache.org