Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David Dahl <da...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/09 01:51:11 UTC

[users@httpd] unable to connect to server

Hello,
I've set Apache to connect to port 80
I am able to connect to Apache from behind my router at
192.168.1.47

I am able to connect to http://localhost/index.html

but I am unable to connect when using my WAN ip address.

I used a port scanner to determine if port 80 is open on my WAN, and it is so
I know my ISP is not blocking 80. I've set my router to forward 80 to
my PC running Apache, this did not work. I've set my router to send
all unsolicited connections to my PC running Apache. This did not work
either, It seems I am only able to access my server from the host PC
itself and from any other PC  within my network.

I imagine this is a router problem, but I've set the firewall to pass
to and from port 80, I've set it to pass to and from on both inbound
and outbound and I've enabled the forwarding service to send port 80
requests to my PC running Apache.
Any information would be appreciated, thank you!
-David