Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Sashi Ravipati <Ra...@michigan.gov> on 2003/06/25 16:09:50 UTC

How to read < init-parm> defined in web.xml in an Action class

Hi

I have this entry in my web.xml file

    <init-param>
      <param-name>developer-test-id</param-name>
       <param-value>testmode</param-value>
    </init-param>

How can I get the value (testmode) in my action class.

In a servlet we I could do it like this

public void init(ServletConfig config) throws ServletException
  {
    super.init(config);
    String  ssoId = config.getInitParameter("developer-test-id");
   }

How can I achieve the same in Struts. This is required as once the development is done and we deploy the access will be thru SingleSign On. So I want to use this as a switch.

Thanks

RE: How to read < init-parm> defined in web.xml in an Action class

Posted by Varun Garg <va...@yahoo.com>.
Try this

this.servlet.getServletConfig().getInitParameter()