Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Jah Ayree <yj...@ymail.com> on 2010/04/06 22:21:01 UTC

Customizing the evaluation order of assertions?

I have a interesting situation where I've supplied the usual Response Assertions for each Sampler, yet I also want to have a BeanShell Assertion at the test suite level to catch service errors that may occur to any Sampler (and I don't want to code an assertion for such errors with each Sampler, that's over-kill).

As is, it mostly works -- I put a BeanShell Assertion at the test suite level and it catches the service errors when they occur nicely. Unfortunately, however, the BeanShell Assertion is evaluated *after* any Sampler Assertions -- which is not the order I want.

So, my question is this: Is there a way to instruct JMeter to evaluate Assertions registered at parent levels *BEFORE* it evaluates assertions registered at the Sampler level?

TIA,

yjah

Re: Customizing the evaluation order of assertions?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 06/04/2010, Jah Ayree <yj...@ymail.com> wrote:
> I have a interesting situation where I've supplied the usual Response Assertions for each Sampler, yet I also want to have a BeanShell Assertion at the test suite level to catch service errors that may occur to any Sampler (and I don't want to code an assertion for such errors with each Sampler, that's over-kill).
>
>  As is, it mostly works -- I put a BeanShell Assertion at the test suite level and it catches the service errors when they occur nicely. Unfortunately, however, the BeanShell Assertion is evaluated *after* any Sampler Assertions -- which is not the order I want.
>
>  So, my question is this: Is there a way to instruct JMeter to evaluate Assertions registered at parent levels *BEFORE* it evaluates assertions registered at the Sampler level?

There's no JMeter option to do this.

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
I dont think there is any way to do this. I had to do something similar and
I ended up resolving the order while generating the result (i.e. a custom
stylesheet which picked out the assertions in the order that I wanted).
Whats the reason behind wanting the order other than you know if the
beanshell fails the other assertions will also probably fail?

regards
deepak