Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by phillip rhodes <rh...@yahoo.com> on 2006/01/11 20:56:54 UTC

inject global into tapestry pages?

Trying to get my feet wet with T4...

I would like to see the syntax/example by which a tapestry page can access the application Global object.

Thanks.

Phillip Rhodeshttp://www.jsso.org Open source Java Identity and Authorization Serviceshttp://www.rhoderunner.com Open Source Java Ecommerce Suite

Re: inject global into tapestry pages?

Posted by Jason Dyer <jd...@bluetarp.com>.
If you're using annotations, you can add something like this to your page
class (i.e. Home.java)

  @InjectState("global")
  public abstract Global getGlobals();

and something like this to hivemodule.xml

  <contribution configuration-id="tapestry.state.ApplicationObjects">
      <state-object name="global" scope="application">
          <create-instance class="your.package.Global"/>
      </state-object>
  </contribution>

Of course you'd have to define the class 'your.package.Global'.

-Jason

--
Mal: "Okay, help me find our man; he's supposed to be older. Kind of stocky,
wears a red sash crossways."

Kaylee: "Why does he do that?"

Mal: "Maybe he won the Miss Persephone pageant. Just help me look."