Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by Moritz Baumann <mo...@oracle.com> on 2016/09/04 14:05:52 UTC

Support for Log4J 2 configuration file format

Hi,

we're currently thinking about migrating a mixed C++/Java project to
Log4J 2, and were wondering whether there are any plans to add support
for the Log4J 2 configuration file format to log4cxx at some point?

Regards,
Moritz

Re: Support for Log4J 2 configuration file format

Posted by Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de>.
Guten Tag Moritz Baumann,
am Sonntag, 4. September 2016 um 16:05 schrieben Sie:

> we're currently thinking about migrating a mixed C++/Java project to
> Log4J 2, and were wondering whether there are any plans to add support
> for the Log4J 2 configuration file format to log4cxx at some point?

There are currently no plans for such support, so feel free to add an
enhancement ticket:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOGCXX

But be aware that due to lack of developers in the last years, almost
only bug fixing took place, if at all. So if you want to see support
for that file format, you should consider contributing it on your own.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88