Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ha...@ooo.lanl.gov> on 1996/06/20 20:51:36 UTC

timeouts in CGI POST reading

Is there a signal sent to scripts to warn them that POSTed input
has stopped in mid-transfer? (e.g. by a client losing the connection).
if not a) can it be added b) can someone write me a patch.

We've got some CGI scripts that accept file uploads but we also have
users in lots of countries whose uploads don't always make it the
first time... We need a way to signal the scripts to clean up and
abort the process rather than attempt to process only part of the data.

Any help would be appreciated.

rob