Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by taylor wagen <ta...@tech-x.com> on 2000/03/31 17:38:38 UTC

Question: getNodeValue doesn't seem to retrieve tics. . .

(I'm new to both java and xml. . .)

getNodeValue seems to only return text up to a tic - everything after
the tic is lost (should the data be classified as CData if it has a
tic?  or is there some other way around this?)

Also, I have been having trouble locating a clean method for retrieving
CData - With the perl xml parser that I had been using, getData would
retrieve any child data, including CData - this does not seem to be the
case with xerces.  What is the proper method for doing this with xerces?

Thanks,
Taylor Wagen