Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Scott Selvia <sc...@thundercloudresources.com> on 2014/08/15 01:42:22 UTC

Searching with String that Represents a Signature

We have OCR a document with a signature, you can select the signature and copy the text representation for searching in a lucene 4.7 index.  We have surrounded the search text with double quotes since it has invalid search characters without the use of the double quotes.

Search Text:  ":J!/z&”  when we search using this string I get hits that don’t match the 6 characters.  Do we have to use a / as an escape character?

Re: Searching with String that Represents a Signature

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
The standard analyzer will discard most special characters as punctuation.
What analyzer are you using?

-- Jack Krupansky