Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Damian Carey <ja...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/18 23:11:19 UTC

How to tailor our generated client XML

Hello,

We have created client software using ADB and a WSDL & XSD files
supplied by a third party who controls the Web Service.  We have no
control over the Web Service at all, and we are not yet able to test
against it.

We do have some sample XML as to what is expected. In checking our
generated XML against the samples we noticed differences in the first
two lines as follows.

-------- OUR GENERATED first two lines  .......
<XYZ_Quote>

------- 3rd PARTY EXAMPLES first two lines ........
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<XYZ_Quote xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="XYZ_Quote.xsd">

Can anyone advise how to
(1) remove the "standalone="yes"" from our generated xml
(2) add the  "xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="XYZ_Quote.xsd"" to our generated xml.

Any pointers, advice, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
-Damian

Re: How to tailor our generated client XML

Posted by da...@davidkarlsen.com.

Set the jaxb fragment option to true:
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/javax/xml/bind/Marshaller.html

--
David J. M. Karlsen - +47 90 68 22 43
http://www.davidkarlsen.com

Re: How to tailor our generated client XML

Posted by Damian Carey <ja...@gmail.com>.
Amila,

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 3:41 AM, Damian Carey <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We have created client software using ADB and a WSDL & XSD files
> supplied by a third party who controls the Web Service.  We have no
> control over the Web Service at all, and we are not yet able to test
> against it.
>
> We do have some sample XML as to what is expected. In checking our
> generated XML against the samples we noticed differences in the first
> two lines as follows.
>
> -------- OUR GENERATED first two lines  .......
> <XYZ_Quote>

you did you generate the xml?