Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Davide Mora <d_...@yahoo.com> on 2003/01/03 16:20:31 UTC

Texen outside Ant

Hi all, and happy new year!

I have a little problem, maybe somebody else already
tried to do this.
I want to use a texen derived ant task from my
application, hopefull without generate a temporary
build.xml file and create a process for call ant.
For what i can see, i have two choices:
a) make a copy of the texen and the derived task and
adapt both to work without ant.
b) try to use the task without ant, simulating all the
operations normally done by ant.

any other idea?

Regards,
Davide

Re: Texen outside Ant

Posted by Davide Mora <d_...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Bill,

> Will the o.a.v.texen.Generator class do what you
> want?

at the end i used the Generator class. :)
Thanks,
Davide

Re: Texen outside Ant

Posted by Bill Burton <bi...@progress.com>.
Hello,

Will the o.a.v.texen.Generator class do what you want?

Otherwise, if you are willing to put ant.jar in your classpath, you
could instantiate and initialize an Ant Project class then the Texen
task and execute it.  I recall seeing at least one code snippet on the
ant-user or ant-dev list over the past few months that shows how to do
this.  It's probably not too hard to figure out by looking at Ant's Main
class.

-Bill